The Urgent Response Service (URS) will provide a time limited, rapid service response for children and youth with Autism. This service is intended to address a specific behaviour need with a focus on preventing further escalation of risk of harm to self, others, and/or property.
For more information on the Urgent Response Service, please visit the website of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services at this link.
Resources for Exceptional Children and Youth – Durham Region (RFECY) will lead the delivery of URS for Durham Region, City of Kawartha Lakes, City of Peterborough, and County of Northumberland by working in collaboration with local service providers.
The Urgent Response Service provides:
- Screening to determine if eligible for the URS.
- If eligible, a URS Coordinator to work with the family to develop the intervention plan.
- Eligible families can receive up to 12 weeks of services and support which are specifically designed to address a behavior of concern.
- Assistance to connect with other services within or outside the OAP that may be appropriate for the individual and their family.
How do I make a referral?
Families can self-refer or can be referred by a clinician, care coordinator or other relevant professional by contacting RFECY by one of the following means:
- Tel: 905-427-8862 extension 426
- Toll-free: 1-800-968-0066 extension 426