Resources for Exceptional Children and Youth – Durham Region will:
Assist the family to enhance their child’s participation in the community, and support the family to advocate for services that they require.
Work in partnership with agencies and organizations to foster an inclusive continuum of services and facilitate the community’s capacity to respond to the family’s needs.
Deliver services in accordance with the mandate and the resources available to us.
1. We recognize the family as the primary support and decision makers for their child / youth.
2. We respect each family’s values and make a commitment to provide a flexible service that is responsive and accountable to the family within the policies of the Agency.
3. We recognize that each child is an individual and value his or her potential.
4. We believe that each child has the right to participate fully in their home and community.
5. We believe that priority access to services is based on the individual need of the child/ youth.
6. We believe the child should be safe from abuse and neglect.
1. To provide services that are family-directed, protect family rights and promote shared responsibility.
2. To encourage, support and respect the natural social networks of the family.
3. To provide support to families and other members or the community through flexible, comprehensive services.
4. To provide services that are responsive, equitable and foster self sufficiency.
5. To promote and practice a positive team approach focusing on a collaborative service delivery model and supporting a continuum of services throughout the community.
6. To recognize that the family shapes the collaboration between service providers.
7. To promote public awareness of the individual’s rights for acceptance, respect, inclusion and participation.
8. To provide educational resources to the community through utilization of resource materials, workshops and presentations.
Proudly Supporting Children and Youth with Special Needs